We offer targeted case management services to those with substance use disorder (SUD), severe mental illness (SMI), and severe emotional disorder (SED).
TCM is furnished to assist a client in gaining access to needed medical, social, educational, or other needed services and supports. TCM is a wraparound service designed to work in conjunction with an individual actively working with a therapist for mental health problems or in a substance abuse treatment program. TCM is done as a team with a qualified targeted case manager, therapist, substance abuse program, and the client.
- Assessment of the client’s medical, social, and functional status and identification of the client’s strengths and needs;
- Arranging for service delivery from the client’s, the client’s legal guardian, or the client’s custodial parent’s chosen provider to insure access to required services;
- Facilitating access to needed services by explaining the need and importance of services in relation to the client’s condition/situation;
- Facilitating access, quality, and delivery of necessary services; and
- Preparation and maintenance of case record documentation to include care plans, forms, reports, and narratives as appropriate.
The role of a targeted case manager is to assist individuals in accessing and maintaining independent living in the community in an integrated setting. Services provided by a TCM:
- Assessment of the client
- Participation in development of the client’s service plan
- Referrals, linkage, and coordination of Medicaid and Non Medicaid services
- Reassessment and follow-up
- Establishment and maintenance of case record
- Crisis assistance planning